A brief insight into the adventure that is my life.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Eu Sou Estagierio do SBT (I Am an Intern at SBT)

Today was my first day at work, and I was extremely relieved by the way it turned out. I had been pretty nervous about going to work at a major TV station in Brazil without being able to speak Portuguese. I wasn't sure how I would be received by the employees--whether they would percieve my as a nuissance or be glad to have me. Thankfully, I found the latter to be true. Everyone seemed very enthusiastic about meeting me, and I was very pleased to learn that my work environment is going to be pleasant.

I'll be working specifically with the production of the Brazilian version of Supernanny. This week is a very relaxed week for the Supernanny production team, so it's the perfect week for me to start my internship. Today I was given a tour of all the studios at SBT, and then I spent the rest of the day reading something called the Supernanny Bible. The Supernanny Bible is basically what you might expect judging from its name: it's a book that contains everything a person could want to know about the production process of Supernanny.

It's been fun communicating with the Brazilians; I've used the few Portuguese phrases I know combined with hand motions, and so far I've gotten along fine. A few of my co-workers speak English that is clear enough for me to understand, so I haven't yet found myself in a situation where I am completely unable to communicate. I thank God because He has provided for me in every single tiny detail of this trip so far. I am amazed at the way he has made things fall into place so that everything has gone smoothly.

I apologize for not having any pictures to post today. I was so busy starting the internship that I completely forgot about being a tourist, but hopefully I'll have some pictures of SBT to post soon!

Update (6/13/06): As promised, here is a picture of me at SBT.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I thank God because He has provided for me in every single tiny detail of this trip so far."

So glad to hear it, brother! I'm so excited that you are having such a wonderful experience abroad. I can't wait to see all of the ways that you'll continue to grow during your stay down there.

Love you! -sis-

10:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well for you. Glad I found out you have a blog where we can keep up with you and your trip. ... and Glad you're using it as a witnessing tool too. I'm enjoying your creative photography. Blessings,
gopetty

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home