A brief insight into the adventure that is my life.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Everything I Expected

Brazil had been great so far! I don't start work at SBT until Monday, so my first few days have been very relaxed. I've met about 2,578 Brazilians, and they all have names that are hard to remember. I've had the chance to go to my friends' church twice now, because they hold special services to celebrate Pentecost. It's different from Halesford, my church back home, but I like it a lot. Tonight's service was roughly four hours long, but it felt like it could have been half of that.

Earlier today, we played soccer at Escola do Futuro (School of Tomorrow), where my friends from Liberty graduated. The school has a couple gyms, but their gyms are different from gyms in the US in the fact that there are permanent soccer goals built into the ground. There are basketball goals mounted above the soccer goals as well, but I think they were just put there as an afterthought.

Naturally, I expected most of the Brazilians to be better than me at soccer. I didn't really count on the fact that ALL of them would be better than me. I think I did a poor job of representing American soccer, but then again maybe it was an accurate representation. Nonetheless, I had fun, and I can't wait to play again. I tried to take a good picture of our soccer endevours, but I couldn't take a picture with my camera that wasn't blurry. I guess the Brazilians are just that fast:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home