A brief insight into the adventure that is my life.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Interactive Communication

I want to encourage you to ask questions by leaving comments on the blog, and I'll do my best to respond in a following post. Chad (you can click the link to his blog on the right) wanted to know what I ate yesterday. My lunch consisted of steak, rice, beans, and a Brazilian food that was unlike anything I'd ever tasted before. I don't even really know how to describe it, but it was kind of like cornbread broken up into very tiny peices. For dinner we went to a little food stand in Osasco, a nearby city. We had a sandwich-type food that had two hotdogs and mashed potatoes inside. It was very different, but very good...and it only cost two reals (a little less than one dollar)!!

Update (6/10/06): I didn't have any pictures of Brazilian food when I made this post, but I made a point to take a picture of the lunch I had today because it was very similar to my lunch yesterday. The words on the plate are French, by the way, not Portuguese. I'm confused enough trying to learn Portuguese, and now a third language is being thown at me. My sister is pretty good with French, I'll have to ask her what the plate says later. Oh, yeh...back to the food. The drink in the cup is GuaranĂ¡, a popular Brazilian soft drink that tastes similar to Ginger-Ale. GuaranĂ¡ is 'muito bom' (very good).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home