A brief insight into the adventure that is my life.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ebarkment Lurks

Well...I turned in my internship paperwork at Liberty University, expedited my passport, bought a plane ticket, went in person to receive my Visa, and got four shots. Now the adventure begins.



I just found out a few hours ago that I definitely have a place to stay for the first week I'll be down there. My plane leaves tomorrow afternoon from D.C…I haven’t flown since I was six. I remember my Mom, Dad, and I took a 30 minute tour over Myrtle Beach in a little four-person plane, and I remember sitting in the copilot’s seat and thinking that the steering wheel was a toy put there just for me. I started playing with it, and then all the sudden the pilot informed me that I was flying the plane—quite a feat for a six-year-old.

I guess a lot has changed since I was six, but some things will always be the same. I don’t think God will ever stop surprising me with unexpected adventures. A little over a month ago I never would have guessed that I would be spending this entire summer in Brazil. I never imagined I’d be doing an internship at SBT, a major TV station based in Sao Paulo.

I'll come away from this summer with 3 hours of school credit for my internship, 62 days of free Portuguese lessons, and countless memories that will shape my future. In the posts that follow for the next couple months, I hope to share a small bit of insight into my experiences. Enjoy the read, and feel free to post comments as you feel led.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chadventure said...

Brother, I've added your link to my blog. Godspeed!

2:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Bowman and I'm glad I get to follow with you through your great journey. Go con Deus (I forget how to spell go in portuguese). Te amo!

3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 11 a.m. Thursday so I'm guessing you have reached your destination! I am thinking of you and praying for your health, safety, and lots of great summer adventure! Love, Mom

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home